Outpost has three levels of users:
- Owner: The person being billed for the Outpost account. Owners have the same access as administrators and users. The owner's permissions can't be changed.
- Administrator: Administrators have the ability to add and remove users and mailboxes, along with the functionality regular users have.
- User: Users can reply to, forward, and manage conversations in the mailboxes assigned to them. They can also add internal notes to conversations, create and modify templates, save searches, and permanently delete conversations.
Adding a User or Administrator
- At the upper right hand corner of your window, click on the Settings icon:
- In the sidebar of the Settings page, click Users:
- Click the Plus sign to add users:
- Enter the user's email address, and select their permission level:
- Choose the mailboxes this user can access:
- Select the mailbox that will display in the user's Outpost account as a default.
- Click Preview Invitation:
- Compose a message to the user (optional), and click Send Invitation:
- The user will receive an email at the email address you entered in their user invitation. Once they click the link in this email and enter their login credentials, the user account will be complete.
Note: if the invitation is not accepted within 7 days, it will expire and must be re-sent. If that re-send doesn't happen within 7 more days, the invitation will be automatically deleted from your account.