You can attach files of up to 25 MB to messages you send from Outpost. You can also attach more than one file to a message, as long as the combined file sizes add up to 25 MB or less.
The types of files you can attach depends on how your Outpost account is set up:
- If you've connected Outpost to a Gmail or Office 365 account, you can attach any kinds of files that those email providers allow. Please see the documentation for your email provider to learn more about what kinds of files you can attach.
- If you're forwarding email into Outpost, your email provider's rules for attachments will also apply in Outpost. Again, please see the documentation for your email provider for details.
- If you're using an @teamoutpost.com email address, you can attach all common file types, including PDF, .jpg, .png, .doc, and .xls.
Adding an attachment to a message
- Click the attachments icon in the formatting menu:
- Select the file to be attached from your computer.
- Once the file is attached, you will see it at the bottom of the reply:
Previewing an attachment
When you attach JPG and PNG files to an Outpost conversation, you can preview them by clicking the Preview icon. This icon is greyed out for any attachments you're not able to preview:
Downloading all attachments
You can download each attachment individually or you can download all attachments at once by clicking on the download icon next to Download All:
Removing an attachment
Attachments are automatically removed when you reply to a conversation. To remove an attachment manually, click the X next to the attachment filename:
Downloading an attachment from a conversation
Click on the download icon next to the attachment filename:
You'll then see a dialog box that allows you to choose the destination folder in your computer. Select the folder and click Save.