In Outpost, you can add internal notes to any conversation. Notes are a great tool to help your team share background information. These notes are only visible to team members assigned to a mailbox.
Adding a note to a conversation
- From within the conversation, click the Add note link in the right sidebar:
- Type the note into the field and click the Post button:
Note: the list of notes attached to a conversation will display in reverse chronological order, with the most recent note at the top.
Editing a note
Once any user has posted a note, they'll have a 15-minute window to edit it. After that window expires, only an Owner or Administrator can update the note.
The remaining editing time will count down in the display below the note:
- Click the pencil icon to edit the note:
- After making your changes, click Post:
Deleting a note
Similarly to editing, once any user has posted a note they'll have a 15-minute window to delete it. After that window expires, only an Owner or Administrator can delete the note.
The remaining time in which the note can be deleted will count down in the display below the note:
- Click the trash can icon to delete the note:
- Confirm the deletion by clicking the Delete note link: