Outpost will automatically mark all incoming conversations as Unread. When you open a conversation and view it, Outpost will mark the message as Read either immediately, after a delay of up to 5 seconds, or never, depending on the setting that is selected in the Preferences menu. You can manually change whether a message is marked as Read or Unread anytime you need.
Changing the period of time before a conversation is marked as read
- Click on the Settings gear.
- Click on Preferences.
- Select the desired delay before a selected is marked as read.
- Once the selection has been made, click on Save Changes.
Manually change the Read/Unread setting:
- In the conversation toolbar, click Mark as Read or Mark as Unread:
- Once a conversation is marked Unread, you'll see the sender's name and subject in bold in the sidebar: