Outpost's Assignments feature offers a powerful way to coordinate a team's work in a shared inbox. When you assign conversations to specific team members, everyone knows who's handling what, and that prevents duplicate replies.
Note: For more ideas on ways to use this feature, see Tips for using Assignments.
To assign a single conversation to a specific user
- From within the conversation, look in the upper right corner. An unassigned conversation will show this icon:
- Click the drop-down menu next to that icon to see a menu of the users in your account and their current number of unresolved conversations, or conversations assigned to a user that are currently in the inbox or draft folders. Then select the person you'd like to assign the conversation to:
Note: If you can’t see the user you want to assign in the drop-down menu, it means that this user hasn’t been added to this mailbox yet. To add them, read Changing the users assigned to a mailbox.
- Once the conversation is assigned, that user’s initials or profile image will appear in the header of the conversation, and in the Inbox preview card, as a reminder that this user is handling it:
Note: To use a profile image in Outpost, you'll need to configure a Gravatar through your Preferences page.
You can reassign the conversation to a different user at any time by following these same steps.
To assign multiple conversations to a specific user
- From the mailbox view, click on the checkboxes next to the conversations that you wish to assign.
- Once the conversations have been selected, click on Assign to and select which user to assign the conversations.
- Clicking on a user in this list will assign all selected conversations to that user.