LivePlan gives you four ways to forecast revenue streams. You'll choose the type when you set up a revenue stream by clicking the appropriate radio button:
Each type of revenue stream is described briefly below. You can choose any of these forecasting models for any revenue stream in your plan.
- Unit sales: Choose this option if you want to enter the number of units you expect to sell, along with the price for each, and we will calculate the totals.
- Billable hours: Choose this option if your revenue stream is based on per-hour pricing.
- Recurring charges: Use our subscription model to calculate the recurring revenue based on new signups, renewals, and cancellations.
- Revenue only: With this flexible option, you can calculate the revenue on your own and enter only the totals. Choose this option if you already have a more detailed forecast of your own or need to follow an industry-specific forecasting model.
If you need help with what to add, the LivePlan Assistant can help you by suggesting Revenue entries based on your company description.
For more information on LivePlan Assistant please see this article.
The articles below will show you how to set up your revenue streams using any of these forecasting models:
- Entering unit sales revenue streams
- Entering billable hours revenue streams
- Entering recurring charges (subscription) revenue streams
- Entering revenue-only streams